Meal Delivery Or Building Utility
Open Hand Atlanta needs volunteers for multiple areas. Below are brief descriptions and all of the details can be found on the Open Hand Registration Site.
All volunteers MUST click here to Register on the Open Hand Registration Site. Different shifts are offered. Volunteer needs are constantly changing, so we are unable to list every shift on the Pebble Tossers calendar. Volunteers can register for any open date and shift on the Open Hand registration site.
Non-Pebble Tossers Members: Open Project: If you are not a Pebble Tossers member and would like to volunteer with Open Hand Atlanta, please click here to register directly with Open Hand.
Delivery Driver & Passengers:
Using your own vehicle and gas, you will be trained to deliver meals to Open Hand clients in the metro-Atlanta area. The average route is 2-3 hours in length. Passengers must also register with Open Hand.
- Protective Gear: Mask are required for anyone delivering meals to our clients.
- Expectations: We are delivering 1-weeks'' worth of food to each client, so make sure you have room in your trunk and backseat for 5-10 large cardboard boxes.
- New and return drivers must be 21 years old or older. Passengers can be of any age.
- Must have valid license and vehicle liability insurance. Please ensure Open Hand has an up-to-date copy of your automobile insurance card.
- Please bring a charged cell phone and a pen!
AM or PM Building Utility Volunteer: This position involves helping with any necessary tasks around the building. Volunteers may be required to stand most of the day. May require heavy lifting and the use of cleaners. Volunteers may be asked to do any of the following:
- Delivery Prep (loading boxes into cars for delivery)
- Sanitation/Garbage Removal
- Administrative Tasks
- Delivering Meals to Public Fridge or Shelters
Dress Code & Age Requirements:
- Wear clothes that you do not mind getting wet or dirty.
- Dress in layers.
- Closed-toe shoes, long pants, and face masks are required.
- Volunteers must be age 16 or older.
Open Hand Atlanta is taking the following precautions in response to COVID-19.
- We are limiting interaction with our clients.
- Condensing client meal deliveries to a weeks' worth of meals.
- We are leaving client meals on doorsteps
- We are also not allowing anyone over 65 years old to volunteer
Contact Person: Volunteer Coordinator
Click here for details